How to Get Involved at a Local Charity
If you are really interested in getting involved in a local charity it can be easier than you think! Here’s a step-by-step plan to help you get into your local charity.
- Get your parent’s permission – The first thing you want to do is ask your parents to make sure they’re okay with you working for a local charity.
- Think about what you want to do – There are many different things you can do to help a charity. You could help with an animal shelter, sort canned goods at a food pantry or help at a soup kitchen. Try to pick something that you’re interested helping with.
- Pick a charity – Once you get permission from your parents and figure out what you want to do, the next step is picking a charity you want to work with. There are many different kinds of charities that help in different ways. Pick a charity that gives you the chance to help with something you are interested in doing.
- Ask the charity – Most charities are grateful for the extra help. But some charities have age restrictions. Some charities may require you to have a parent with you during your volunteer hours.
- Set a schedule – If a charity is fine with you volunteering, you’ll want to set a schedule with them. This is like having a job. Making a commitment is a great thing and you don’t want to let them down.
- Tell friends – As we mentioned earlier, charities are always looking for help. Ask the charity if you could bring friends to help as well. Just think of all the good you and your friends could do for a local charity.